*NO* Chrono Cross 'Draconis Excommunicatus' *FT*

orkybash

crap...

hmm. ok i submitted chrono cross mix a while back (got e-mail confirmation on august 13).

you know what the deal is on it? i am thinking it might be lost in the flow somewhere, especially since it was on vgmix meaning the filename and ID3 tags would have to be changed.

if for some reason this is a problem, i could try and submit it to cotmm through the chatroom (ala DCC... that is if he's got it working yet) or we could work something else out.

just... don't want it to get lost again :/

that should work.

I'll vote later, once I'm home from school and on to a computer that actually has a soundcard =/

Ohh, it's industiral! No... it's orchestral with bad distortion! No... I gess it's industrial after all. Wait, no...

This mix wanders through several different ideas without really figuring out what it wants to be. The distorted drums don't work underneath mellow instruments like that. Later on, a mellower beat comes in, but it's too late in the song for the new drum beat to do anything - I really wanted to hear it take off. But instead the song abruptly ends. It's OK, I suppose, but left me feeling "WTF is this?"

I'm really torn on this one, but overall I think I have to say no.

This remix is like some women I know, it just doesn't know what it wants to be.

I'm treated to a very bassy intro, and the rest of the song just doesn't have that bassy element to it. you get it in the beginning, and that's it.

The distorted drums don't work with the other instruments, I think it's because of the particular drum samples used, they were too 'flat', particularly the snare, which could have been a little more on the high side.

The mix then loses the drums, and goes sort of orchestraly thingy, sort of. The drums that come in are in stark contrast to the ones before, almost like it was a different song. The ending was kinda unexpected as well. A sudden piano chord all on it's own.

I don't think it's too bad, but it could have done with some more appropriate drum work in my opinion. It also needs more work, with eq and stuff, and the remixer needs to be a little more consistent in approach. NO.

This mix jumps around to several different ideas, and Suzumebachi does a pretty good job at it IMHO. For the most part, the mix sounds great to me. Though, the ending is something one would definitely not expect. One aspect I particularly like is the implementation of the beautiful orchestral strings. The distorted drums are pretty cool, too. Definitely something different, and I respect that. YES.

*blink*

A car being dragged across cement? Is that what that is? It's kind of metallic and screechy sounding.. okay, joking aside, I don't think this song is horrible, especially in later areas. But that ugly sound at the beginning is just unpleasing. And the drums that come in way later should have come in sooner.

Vote: No.