*NO* Donkey Kong Country 'Fear Factory (Infyuthsion Mix)'

Liontamer

Remixer Name: Infyuthsion

Game: Donkey Kong Country

Song Remixed: Fear Factory

::2007:: Dck Fear Factory ( Infyuthsion Remix )

Just thought I might as well submit this, though you guys seems pretty critical of your remixes. I made it without OC remix in mind but I figure, hey why not?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=dkc - "Fear Factory" (dkc-20.spc)

The production is solid enough, at least; what's here is clean and well separated. The textures are still pretty sparse, relatively speaking. There's not much complexity or interplay here; boils down to some basic ambiance, droning/plodding beatwork and the lead with some light harmonization. And it never really changes or goes anywhere. Dynamically, this doesn't have any highs or lows.

Arrangement-wise, the "Fear Factory" melody is basically given simplified, uninterpretive treatment over the 3 minutes. No interpretive ideas for the melody beyond the genre adaptation, this just plays it by-the-numbers. A decent base, but this needs a lot more interpretation, dynamic contrast/evolution and textural complexity to get above the bar.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Giggity hoo-wah, I'm hearing that 4 on floor biz. I'm hearing some creative panning, but I'm also hearing the cookie-cutter arrangement and dumbed-down harmony.

I don't know. Theres nothing egregious going on, but this is relatively uninspired. I'd like to hear more risks taken, more balls busted, more chicken tenedered.

NO

the arrangement isn't interpretative enough to put it over our "bar". this isn't bad electronica, but as larry said, beyond the genre adaptation, this doesn't do anything memorable with the original either.

there are some good ideas, but this needs a lot more work if it's going to be an ocremix. according to your submission email, that wasn't your goal...so...do with this information what you will.

NO