Guilty Gear - No Mercy (Cover)

Ok, mad props for the rhythm guitar work, it sounds really powerful and is definitely the driving factor behind your cover.

The lead guitar is definitely a bit worse, some parts sound dissonant and off-beat against the rhythm guitar (don't know whether this is on purpose, it's been some time since I've heard the the original). Generally, the guitars are well produced, but they tend to mask a lot of the lower end, which doesn't do much good for the other instruments.

Unfortunately, the drums sound really boring, you should definitely set up more changes in the hi-hat rhythm, add more tom/snare fills, etc.

Also, where's your bass-guitar? I couldn't hear a bass at all, and I presume that's not because my headphones are that bad ( because they aren't :D).

Thanks man for a good reply and critique :mrgreen:

First off there is no bass, because I don't have a bass and I don't know anyone that plays bass. I tried a midi bass through fruity loops but it sounded really crap so I took it out.

Do you know any programs or anything in fruity loops that can emulate a good bass sound?

The leads are worse I agree. Mostly because I'm pretty new to guitar, so I could definitively need some more lessons :mrgreen: , secondly I like the song but I think the leads are pretty boring, so I didn't really have fun recording them. It's a bad excuse I now :<

I'll try mixing some more and adding some more interesting drum parts and try again.

Thanks again man.

Well, you could try looking on www.hammersound.net, that's where I found a few very decent FREE bass guitar-soundfonts (I'm pretty sure that Fruity Loops is able to load up soundfonts).

I actually found that about 50% of the credibility and quality from the bass comes from the way you process it ( compression, EQ, distortion, etc.), you just have to pay attention so that it fits between your kick-drum and your rhythm guitar, without masking either of them.