POLICENAUTS - "Attack of the Poponautz" - Synthpop-ish

Strike911

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/policenauts.mp3

ATTACK OF THE POPONAUTZ

Hello, here is a WIP from me. It has a real 80's feel, i think its the bass part doing that, but I like it. It's not really synthpop per-se, but I'm not sure which genre it fits into... meh, anyway, have a listen.

If you know an accurate genre then please let me know. =)

There is a guitar, a bass, piano (for the classic Policenauts theme), and some other crap mixed in. Hehe. Have a listen and tell me what you think. :) It's still just a WIP, but yeah, a nice little preview.

EDIT: I hate that freakin' slayer vst... grumble grumble.

I like the feel this has.

I do agree the piano is a little bright, but it fills up the space up there pretty well. Slayer is pretty well hidden until the end, but if you want to replace it with real guitars, there are a ton of guitar players around here; I'd even do it if you wanted.

I recommend Fishy though. He was born without the ability to say "no". :-)

Combined with his guitar prowess, it makes slayer look extra bad. :-)

Anyways, I think you have a good sound, now to flesh out the mix. I think a breakdown with some strings as a lead instrument would be cool, and I suggest processing that vibe counterpoint part in some way; it sounds kindof dry at the moment.