Would need a new name if this passed, as it's just the game level name - LT

remixer name- sundownchasing

real name- Anthony DelPlato

email address- sundownchasing@gmail.com

website- www.myspace.com/sundownchasing

user id- tell me how to make a user id

game remixed- Donkey Kong Country

song remixed- coral capers

the mix- I noticed that alot of songs are midi when people remake video game music. I did this with real instruments, including the drums, bass, and the guitar. The keyboard was synth, that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to this a week ago...revisiting, my impression was right: This is an awesome concept that could have been better executed. The reversed guitars are an awesome idea. The lead guitar, however, sounds really shitty. It doesn't cut through the mix at all; it's drowning in room reverb that sounds really inappropriate given the rest of the mix's spacey atmosphere. You've really got to fix that lead guitar. Aside from that, the arrangement is a bit on the repetitive side, which is no good when the mix is only 3 mintues. Great idea, great atomosphere, but you really need to fix the lead guitar.

NO

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=dkc - "Aquatic Ambiance" (dkc-08.spc)

Cool intro. Good drums. Whatever Vig doesn't like about the criticism when I make it, most people ain't doing it rite. I'm always right, without fail. Never question Big Black. Silly honkey.

Not a bad rendition of the theme, but Vigilante's right that your lead guitar is buried amongst the other sounds and their reverb. Why u do dat? The lead guitar performance should also be meatier and tighter, like a fine ass. Pick your favorite female celebrity as a goal.

As far as the arrangement goes, the melodic treatment is pretty straightforward and pretty undeveloped at only 3:07-long for the entire track. You gotta do more to interpret things, as the only significantly interpretive material was from 2:09 until the close.

You sound like you have a decent idea in terms of putting something together, Anthony, so you just need to get more interpretive with the arrangement and judicious with your production and you'll get something passed without much trouble. Keep working at it and use our ReMixing and Works forums for help and feedback if you aren't doing so already.

NO (resubmit)

Cool concept. Cool ideas, too. I dig the reverse guitar part intro thing, as well. Wholeheartedly agree that the lead is terrible. Performance is aight, but the mix and effects are pretty awful. Sounds like it's played on a cheap amp through a headset mic, or something. In fact, the mixing of the entire track is pretty amateur. Wouldn't hurt to hit up the WIP forum for some feedback exclusively dealing with just that. Otherwise, the lead does hit a sour note here or there--or at least goes a little flat/sharp at times, usually on the bends, but I could look past all that if the sound sounded a little better than a garage-band-jam.

Otherwise, pretty cool. This would be cool to hear live. Very mellow. Resubmit this.

NO