FFX Auron's Theme

So, I've sent in my Corneria mix and am waiting for a decision on the judges - probably will be a while, heh.

In the meantime, I've been obsessing over another favorite song of mine: Auron's theme from FFX.

Sure, it only plays once in the whole game (I believe), but man I listened to that track a BUNCH in the little "sphere theater" place.

So, rambling aside, I've done a little mix - it's not trance (though I've done one of those, too...) If someone could help me out with a name for this genre, it would be useful...

I humbly submit 1:30ish seconds of FFX lovin' for you to check out. Tell me what you think - should have more of the song finished soon.

LINK:

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/iegf/auronbigbeat1

Not a bad start. Supporting instrumentation is solid, drumwork is too. The snare is a little harsh, it kinda doesn't fit with the rest of the mix, try out other samples, or make this one a little smoother.

Also, you kinda wandered off the theme in the last part there. The riffs from Auron's theme could be pimped in many different ways. And by pimped I mean changed up to make them interesting, a little different, but still recognizable. You will need to work on the arrangement of the melody a little more.