kontakt sample to each key?

Lunahorum

Ok I got kontakt 2 and storm drum.

When I am in kontakt 2, how do I load a sample to each key like in the storm drum stand alone program?

edit: it has waves or something to choose on the left. Then i drag them and it plays them over each key, but they are stretched. How do I drag a sample per key?

Well first of all, you should start out by rebuilding your database so that your browser knows you have some SD files and then you should select .nki files from your browser which are full instruments (often multi-sample/multi-key instruments) and that will be the most similar to the Kompakt instrument selection process.

I think that's what you're trying to achieve.

Otherwise, you might be trying to build your own patch out of the SD samples?

Well I see the nki file on the left side but then I select it and it has individual options. Like I am trying to load scottish wardrums but instead I can only load warloop1, warloop2, bongo1, ect. Then it plays on every key like it is being stretched up and down. In the standalone there are only like 4 keys you can use and each one has a different loop or sample on it.

If you want to map a sample under a single key only - well, they've invented the Mapping Editor for that. Click on the wrench button, choose Mapping Editor. You see a bunch of rectangles. Width defines keyboard range, height defines velocity range. This can be done easier, however, for instance, when you want to make your own stuff with one-sample-per-key.

Go to Load/Save. Choose New Instrument. KONTAKT_DEF appears (default). Click on the wrench. Go to the Mapping Editor.

On the left is your file browser. Drag the .wav file on the keyboard instead of in the grid; then, by default, the map will shrink to 1 key instead of the default 4.

If you already have a library and .nki files, just follow their conventions instead of rebuilding everything.

Yeah, man, sorry, I should've been more clear about that:

k2_db.jpg

Click over to the DataBase tab, then hit REBUILD DATABASE and then you should be able to browse for all your samples in the Database browser window as full instruments like you would access in the Kompakt or Intakt versions.