Router help...

Sole Signal

I have a Linksys router (not wireless) that was working fine with two computers until we lost power in a storm. Apparently it reset it and the modem to factory settings so they don't work together anymore.

I called Verizon and they walked me through a bunch of steps to ensure that the modem was in fact working correctly, tried a few configuration changes, and then directed me to Linksys because the modem and router still weren't working together.

I called Linksys and they informed me it would be a $35 dollar service charge since the router is over a year old. Ugh. Is anyone familiar enough with this stuff that they could walk me through this?

Ive had this sort of thing only happen once, and noone could figure out what on earth was going on, until we just dimantled and rebuilt it from the ground up. It seemed to rectify any issues that came from the power outage. That's the only help I can provide at the moment, but I will peruse the interweb for anything that may help you.