Irish Jig

• 5 weeks later...

Sounds great. Where's it being used in the mod (general setting and so on, as I don't know the plot of the mod)? Hopefully not tavern music; the only usage of any kind of Irish-like folk music I can think of in a game that isn't used in a tavern is the Termina theme in Chrono Cross.

The accordion sounds very slightly piercing in the high end; changing the EQ a bit would probably help that. Besides that, I'd love to hear some Irish whistle if you have more room to expand the track, and if you're able to write something that stands as a song, as opposed to a looped track that's intended to be short, doing a chorus and maybe a bridge that's in a different key (up or down a 4th or 5th probably work well for the genre) would suit the song.

Overall, really good though. I've listened to it a few times because I enjoyed it, not just to review it, which is more than I can say for most WIPs.

Sounds great. Where's it being used in the mod (general setting and so on, as I don't know the plot of the mod)? Hopefully not tavern music; the only usage of any kind of Irish-like folk music I can think of in a game that isn't used in a tavern is the Termina theme in Chrono Cross.

It's a character theme. This character is a somewhat of a maternal figure for the main character of the mod. She's very kind, but also has a bit of what you might call Irish attitude.

The accordion sounds very slightly piercing in the high end; changing the EQ a bit would probably help that. Besides that, I'd love to hear some Irish whistle if you have more room to expand the track, and if you're able to write something that stands as a song, as opposed to a looped track that's intended to be short, doing a chorus and maybe a bridge that's in a different key (up or down a 4th or 5th probably work well for the genre) would suit the song.

I intended this to be a WIP and was planning on extending it significantly, but the guy in charge of developement said it's fine how it is, and won't need to be any longer. I may end up extending it anyway, though.

Overall, really good though. I've listened to it a few times because I enjoyed it, not just to review it, which is more than I can say for most WIPs.