Of all the random, crazy...

I opened up Reason, imported a MIDI file off vgmusic.com, applied soundfonts to three of the parts, and...

it wasn't actually all that bad. I bounced it. I'm laughing at how I managed to make something okay without any sequencing or mastering whatsoever. It's repetitive as hell, but it's the sound.

I'm feeling very strange right now.

That's because I felt very awkward and strange at the time. Like I said, I was just messing around... and what I got just by putting in soundfonts didn't totally suck. It's not a brilliant piece now or anything, but I was very surprised that I could something which sounded even that good just with Reason's soundfonts. That's all I was trying or say.

This was a very awkward and strange post/thread to begin with... and you can use soundfonts in any program, not just Reason.

Soundfonts can be used in Reason. Just load em up like any normal NN-XT or NN19 patch. If you got the samples it's really easy to automap them in NN-XT. I'm in the process of making NN-XT patches out of all my orchestral samples that came with Kontakt 2. It takes less than 5 mins easy to make the NN-XT patch.