Just signed up today

Cyberdene

Im not sure how to do this and no Im not going to ask anyone Im sure I will figure it out on my own. Truth is I read the desclaimer about what you can and cant do. It seems like to me these guys are awfully strict. Telling you how to mix your songs and what not. Deffinatly a dissappointment. Either way I'll see what I can do since I've been wanting to try something out like this for a long time.

OCR's standards might not be your definition of what is good music, and they're not even pretending to. No-one's telling you how to mix and if people like your music, you could really care less if it would get accepted here. If you want to submit you're going to have to follow the standards, but it's not like anyone is forcing you to submit your music.

So no, they're not telling people how to mix, they're telling people how to mix to stand a chance to get accepted here. I in fact think it couldn't be any better than as it is now, because just look at some of amazing works that are posted on this site, they wouldn't have existed if OCR maintained lackluster standards and every doof with an idea could get posted here.

It helps to think of OCReMixes as a broad, but reasonably well-defined genre; you'll notice that nearly every posted mix has a certain level of quality, and a certain degree in which the mix incorporates elements from the remixed song. You're not going to add trance-synthesizers to a classical symphony, since a classical symphony has a few set rules for what makes it a classical symphony. Same goes for OCReMixes, they're based on a few set rules you have to follow, except here, you CAN add trance-synths to a classical symphony, and people will applaud you for your originality (if you've incorporated the synths correctly of course).

Truth is I read the desclaimer about what you can and cant do. It seems like to me these guys are awfully strict. Telling you how to mix your songs and what not. Deffinatly a dissappointment. Either way I'll see what I can do since I've been wanting to try something out like this for a long time.

Moving to newbies forum... I guess I'm just "awfully strict" that way ;)

As a sidenote, we're not telling you how to mix your songs, we're suggesting how to arrange your submissions so as to increase the likelihood of their being accepted. There's a subtle but important difference there, akin to the subtle but important difference between the community and newbies forums...