Quality comes first! wma to mp3 conversion

Aninymouse

As a general rule, I hate the .wma format. However, a friend of mine recently gave me about three albums worth of really sick shit from a friend of his that DJs around his college.

My question is probably buried deep within the archives of the vast OCR forums, but alas, the search function slaps me in the face if I try to querry 3-character words.

Help a brotha out, y'all; what program can I use to convert .wma to .mp3 without much loss to quality? Peace.

Well, I knew about the loss and all, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if there was anything out there in the way of an advancement or what have you.

But yeah, I wanna thank ya for the tip. I'd heard of LAME before but I hadn't looked into it. I'm setting everything up now, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Alright, for as cool as LAME is for encoding mp3s, it can't handle windows media. the kind people over at razor suggested either dbPowerAmp or foobar2000. I chose dbPowerAmp, but it looks like the encoder component is evaluation-only (30-dy trail) so who knows if i'll have a use for it come December.

I'd say this has turned out to be a very educational hur for me, and I can see where this kind of info would be helpful in a sticky someplace around here, especially considering the community we're all taking part in.