Critique please: Final Fantasy 8 Breeze

Henrymop

Alright, first thing is first: You need to tune your instruments. Neither guitar is in tune. The timing on the percussion is pretty off too, did you play it by hand? I'd reccommend using a midi sequencer to program it in so you can get a spot on rhythm to play to. You might want to try going a bit slower too, so you can keep up with the beat. The bass was a bit too loud, and a compressor would help on the guitar so that those quiet notes come out louder. But yeah, all of that doesn't really matter yet; you really need to tune. I hope I don't sound harsh, just trying to help out. Give it another shot and good luck!

I don't plan on making a full remix, because this song has been done before, but I would like some critique on this small remix, please.

It is called "test12.mp3". The link is on this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/jamesrussell/

erm, there's 10+ mixes with terra's song in, isn't stopping me :<. And besides, the other mix of this track is upbeat techno, completely different.

if you got the tuning and performance down right, you'd have the base for a good track- arrangement-wise, it's at least good :-P but time, practice and patience are needed if you're going to record it yourself.