I was thinking about buying some monitors

Lunahorum

So I click power off on the monitor, then shut down the computer right? To boot up, I boot the computer, then boot the monitors so they don't get that energy pop? Kind of like plugging a guitar into the amp, turn the amp off, plug in, turn it back on.

Yeah, generally when you're dealing with speakers of any kind, they're first to get turned off and last to get turned on. I don't think it'll really matter if you're just booting and shutting down a computer, though. When it's really more of an issue is if you're dealing with mic/instrument cable and are physically messing with the connections, because you can unintentionally make some really loud, sharp noises.

EDIT: My talk about being able to damage any monitors wasn't intended to make you super-cautious -- rather, it was to point out that any monitors can break if you abuse them, so I don't think you need to be too hung-up about whether or not these particular monitors are possible to break.