Spaceninjas Stole My C64

Gilded

While I tend to do remix songs and such under this nickname (which I also use on IRC) I also have a music project called Disintegr8 that I use to distribute my original/experimental/weird/awkward production unto the unsuspecting public. It's hosted on a Finnish music site called Mikseri.net: http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=56865

Recently I thought it might be interesting to incorporate some sort of fast paced genre (speedcore or such) into ambient, or rather bridge these fast paced parts of the song with ambient music. Of course, this sort of takes the whole idea of ambient music and stomps on it with heavy platform shoes but I decided to try it anyway.

An example of this is the song Spaceninjas Stole My C64 on the page I linked (don't mind the confusing Finnish, just click "Download" :) ). It isn't too special in terms of arrangement but I thought it would be nice to hear what people think of this kind of music and whether it's a) silly B) the stupidest genre combination ever c) an interesting concept that could be explored and refined further.