Photo

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - "Energy Beads" (Exercise Mode)

finished

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arceace

Arceace

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

I have been working on this mix for quite a while. I have already had it shot down in the judges panel before, and I don't want to repeat that step again. I feel pretty good about the whole arraingement, but I would greatly appreciate it if I gained some feedback about the production. I would also appreciate detailed comments about how to fix any problems that exist.

Link to the source:

Link to the remix:
http://soundcloud.co...ce/energy-beads

All comments are appreciated!

#2 Zach

Zach

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Solid work! This is by far the best song in the game, and I'm glad to see it getting some attention. I particularly like the glitchy effect you used on parts of the melody. My only complaint is that at times it feels....static if that makes sense. Like it's just waiting for a huge build up that never really happens.

#3 Arceace

Arceace

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Solid work! This is by far the best song in the game, and I'm glad to see it getting some attention. I particularly like the glitchy effect you used on parts of the melody. My only complaint is that at times it feels....static if that makes sense. Like it's just waiting for a huge build up that never really happens.

[FONT="]You think so? I'll be sure to focus on that when I start working on it again. I have already submitted it to the judge’s panel, but I get the feeling that I will work on it again.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!
[/FONT]

#4 Cash

Cash

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Good luck with the judges! I like what you have going on throughout. The lead synth has me hooked.

I know you submitted already, but I feel like the bass doesn't stand out enough. At a few parts, I'm not sure if it's even there, which may have been intentional. The fake guitar that comes in at 0:37 and goes until 0:49 isn't doing too much for me, just a matter of personal taste I suppose. Also, the high pitched hat that plays through the song is distracting.
Posted Image
Alias: Cash and Change | SoundCloud | Twitter | Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums