Dragon Quest Arists Needed: Acoustics Please?

Monobrow

Hey guys, as you may already know, I am running the Dragon Warrior - Children of Erdrick Project

I figured this would be a good place to start getting CERTAIN types of people recruited... I'm really looking for some very specific sounds for each song. If you have any good ideas for how you'd like people to use the source tunes, or what kind of song to go for, give me a holla in this thread, or if you have any songs that you like out there, and think some of these songs might go well with that particular sound, link me to a youtube video or something.

Please note, orchestrated tracks are discouraged, electronic is okay, but it needs to have a more serious or ambient tone. (think of live instruments, but with electronic elements for atmosphere or effect) Guitars, both electronic and acoustic are wanted, as well as solo flute, violin, pipes, and anything else that sounds like it might fit here.

Dragon Warrior/Quest

14 - BATTLE THEME - Electric guitar? I think this could be done well, just needs a certain kind of artist willing to take some liberties.

15 - FINAL BATTLE THEME - More guitar, organ? You tell me lol... Rock Ballad? Prog Rock? (Tarsus?)

16 - ENDING THEME - You did a great job, celebrate with happy guitars or piano or something?

Dragon Warrior/Quest 2

3 - ROYAL PALACE (Castle) - looking for a baroque, dark sound, live organ?

4 - BUSY CITY STREETS (Town) - looking for a city feel, upbeat, urban is okay, but with less electronic, more live instruments, organic sound?

6 - UNDERGROUND (Dungeon) - This would be perfect for some electric guitar, maybe some death metal?

10 - TRAVELING WITH FRIENDS (Overworld 2) - Happy, important, anything can go, just WIP it to me first and we'll see

Dragon Warrior/Quest 3

3 - OVERTURE - Anyone wanna trumpet this? I'd love JJT type style here.

9 - TOWER - This song may be difficult, so if you have any ideas, let me know. Just remember to go for that climbing feel.

12 - SAILING - Happy, fun, this goes for that DQ carnival feel, but spins off this are accepted... Acoustics? Piano? Flute?

14 - VILLAGE - This could be a poppy rock song easily, also rhodes :D

15 - HEAVENLY FLIGHT - This song is special reserved, you must try out with a very coherent track to be accepted (it's very popular, everyone wants it)

16 - TOWN - Once again, busy song. Rock would probably fit very well.

20 - REQUIEM - Must be solemn... Not sure really, ambient vocals?

Dragon Quest 1 nsf

Dragon Quest 2 nsf

Dragon Quest 3 nsf

These are the links to the actual nsfs of the songs, which are labelled by track individually within each nsf file. You need chipamp to use them if you have winamp, and I'm not sure but I think some other players (like foobar) will just play them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...