*NO* Final Fantasy 10 'The Dream Is Clearing'

DragonAvenger

Remixer name : Bluelighter

Mail: guillaume.saumande@wanadoo.fr

ID forum : 30998

Game & Songs: ff10 Twilight, The Deceased Laugh

Interpreter: Guillaume SAUMANDE (piano)

Composer: Junya Nakano, Nobuo UEMATSU (only for the first arpeggios)

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoAP9rnS7j8

Hi !

Here my piano version of Twilight from ff10. I really love the original music of Junya NAKANO, atmospheric, and very murky!

I wanted to keep the nature very atmospheric from the original. I started by the first arpeggio from “The Deceased Laugh”; and continue by arpeggios with the first harmonies of “Twilight”. After this, I used a rhythm heavy, slow and hesitating; in low and then in high. The arrangement finished by some quick arpeggios, very dissonant.

In this piece, there are some reference to movies like Dracula and The Ninth Gate (music by Wojciech Kilar). Don’t look for a melody; it’s only an atmospheric piece with piano :)

Thank’s to consider this mix, and I hope you’ll enjoy!!

Bluelighter

-------------

- Deceased

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoAP9rnS7j8 - Twilight

• 2 weeks later...

God damn these sources are dark. Excellent mood music.

So immediately, the quality of this recording is a little sketchy. Bit of a weird image going on, and something funky about the general sound. Not quite solid, can't decide how much it bothers me. Piano isn't quite tuned either.

Arrangement is pretty cool, very brooding. Performance is nice, very dynamic. You can really feel the force with which you played those triple fortes.

I think I need more opinions on the production to say 100% (one of my ears is not working this week) but I'll go YES for now. I'll listen again when my ear works properly.

NO

EDIT: Hurrrrr my ears better now. Sorry but yeah the recording quality is really hurting this. It really doesn't stand up to the recording on the site.

I agree the production is far from pristine, but the more I think about it, the more I feel the unique recording treatment suits the mood of the music, and the more I like it. It does feel like it goes a little long, but there is a lot of variation. Production I think has bit too much headroom and could stand to be normalized a bit, but perhaps the dynamics swing so wildly, im not noticing the top end.

I don't think it's an immediately ear-catching song, but it really grows on you. I am still hesitant on it because of the swingy nature, however, and I think maybe the arrangement should be tightened up a little and the volume normalized a bit

Overall I think it's a good track, but something is holding it back for me. I'm willing to revisit this vote if the other judges point out something I am missing, however.

No, please resubmit

Wow, I really like the reharmonization. I wasn't expecting it at all, and it's very emotionally moody. The arrangement kind of loses steam in the middle though. So much so that I had to keep myself from skipping ahead.

Obviously the recording quality is terrible. While this kind of trashy piano sound can work as an effect, for a solo piano piece it really doesn't work at all. If you take another stab at it, please record some midi. This type of sparse piece could be really effective if you used a piano sample layered with a soft pad.

I think you've got to rerecord it and rework the middle section for this to be passable.

NO

• 2 weeks later...