OceansAndrew

Original Decision

* Your ReMixer name: Draconiator

* Your real name: Justin Landry

* Your email address: musicphreak48@yahoo.com

* Your website: http://www.youtube.com/draconiator

* Your userid: 20634

Submission Information

* Title of Mix: Resub of "Suncoils"; changing the title to "Solarcoil" however.

* Name of game(s) arranged: Mega Man 7, Mega Man 10

* Name of individual song(s) arranged:

Solar Man's Stage (

)

Spring Man's Stage (

)

Hi again, I am resubbing this with the fixes suggested by the panel. I like this lead a lot better, I've also tried to keep things interesting by adding a few things to the second verse and being subtle with the lead as well. Hope you like this version

• 3 weeks later...

I like the lead you're using for the Solar man portion of the lead, it has a really nice texture for that section. I think it is less effective for 1:16, where it doesn't quite have the same resonance as it does in the lower area.

I think this is still suffering from some of the same issues as before, unfortunately, namely that after a while it gets sonically uninteresting without any change to any of the sounds. It doesn't help that you are repeating the theme again without much change. I think this needs to have some kind of variation that is going to keep the listeners ears in, both melodically and sonically.

I don't want you to get discouraged, but I think the work just needs to be done for this to get to the really awesome level it needs to be.

NO (resubmit)

some good stuff here. I thought the arrangement was fine, overall, but the production could still use some work. a lot of the elements just feel vanilla, and I have to agree that the overall soundscape gets boring after a while; there's not much variation in texture throughout the piece. experiment more with internal parameters and FX to make your sounds more.. you. this one's just a bit too unrefined at the moment.

NO(resub)

I casually critted this track back when Justin was preparing to resubmit it, but after discussing it with some fellow judges and listening with a bit more of a critical ear, I will concede that there's still some work that can be done with it.

Some good points: you did a really good job crafting an initial soundscape and picking out sounds that capture your attention right off the bat. The lead synth that you use for much of your mix has a lot of personality, and is sequenced pretty nicely. I also enjoyed the mixture of electro-house and old disco percussion, it makes for a nice unique blend.

However, upon more critical listens, I've come to agree that this mix is pretty static and does very little to change up the soundscape as the song goes on. It just needs a bit more in terms of variations to both the arrangement (a more pronounced breakdown section would do wonders here) and the sound choices.

There's a lot of great things about this mix that make me really want to see it posted, and I'm sorry for not catching this stuff earlier when you were showing it to me, but there's more that you could do to keep the song fresh all the way through. Really close though!

NO (resubmit!)