Mega Man X6, Shieldner Sheldon + Rainy Turtloid - Shell Bros

Phonetic Hero

Track for the first round of the GMRB that I'm maybe/probably gonna submit, mainly posting here because I said I'd post a more polished version for anyone following the GMRB. But hey, if you've got comments or critiques, I'd love to hear them! Can't hurt to have it "too" polished, right? ;) Not gonna hog the mods with this one, but if one of you stumbles across it and wants to give me some pointers, feel free :D

It's glitchy, it's rife with aggressive synths, it's high energy, it's pH. Enjoy!

Shell Bros

I gotta say, I'm really digging this track! I don't know why, but it totally reminds me of Mega Man X Command Mission. Probably because of your choice of instruments and the style you wrote it in. If anything I'd love it if you gave me advice on how you make the glitchy sounds and whatnot. As a composer, I've never really experimented with that style yet, LOL Anyway nice job! :)!!

I gotta say, I'm really digging this track! I don't know why, but it totally reminds me of Mega Man X Command Mission. Probably because of your choice of instruments and the style you wrote it in. If anything I'd love it if you gave me advice on how you make the glitchy sounds and whatnot. As a composer, I've never really experimented with that style yet, LOL Anyway nice job! :)!!

Glad you like it :D

I'd be happy to give you a few pointers, glitching has really become a cornerstone of my style. I use Gross Beat (from Image-Line) for literally ALL of my glitching; I know there's dBlue Glitch that you could look into also, which is free, but I don't really like the interface and the way it operates. Gross Beat gives you a huge amount of freedom with how you want to mold the sound with that particular glitch pattern, and automating it is pretty easy. It's pretty weird to figure out at first, but once you know what's going on, it's easy to use and very conducive to creativity. BUT, I think it's still somewhere around $100.

Feel free to PM me if you want more information or if you cook up a glitchy track and want a bit of feeback!

EDIT: Never played MMX Command Mission or heard the soundtrack, but I'm listening now; wow, what a compliment!! The OST is freaking awesome. Thanks for some more inspiration!

I loves the glitchy stuff I does. The sound design is wicked and the way the arrangement is constructed is great. Never been able to get my head around glitching. It sounds so slick but I just can't do it haha.

The production is great, I have no complaints but there does seem to be a lack of ooph and volume to the bass end of the mix. Its probably personal preference, but I think it could give more solid foundation than there currently is. Just feels like there's a bit of a bass shaped hole.

Anywho, its great to listen to, lots of complexity and intracate lines to keep interest. Really enjoyable bud :)

I loves the glitchy stuff I does. The sound design is wicked and the way the arrangement is constructed is great. Never been able to get my head around glitching. It sounds so slick but I just can't do it haha.

The production is great, I have no complaints but there does seem to be a lack of ooph and volume to the bass end of the mix. Its probably personal preference, but I think it could give more solid foundation than there currently is. Just feels like there's a bit of a bass shaped hole.

Anywho, its great to listen to, lots of complexity and intracate lines to keep interest. Really enjoyable bud :)

Thanks man! I totally agree about the bass; I'll have to work with it some more before subbing. If glitching is ever something that you're looking at getting into but want a hand with, lemme know! OR, if you just want some glitch work without doing it yourself, lemme know! :D

Also, I listened to the MMXCM OST a little more in-depth, and I got hellza inspiration after listening to one track in particular, so I started another Mega Man mix that could use a bit of feedback :P

The phaser lead at 0:54 is cool. :D

1:48 - WAT.

2:07 sounds like a pseudo-peaceful section with big beat drums. :o Maybe something more expressive would work there. Pitch-bend DX7 piano? o.o Just kidding. But you're welcome to try that.

Hm... at 2:40 - 2:44, the non-drum instruments sound a little soft. I would have expected that section to be a transition. Maybe polish that a little? ;)

Pretty awesome, actually! :D

I loved this track when you posted it for the competition.

I don't really have any cricitism but I agree with Magellanic on the bass. Drums and bass in general are a bit low. I think the song would sound really powerful if you raised the volume of both instruments.

At 2:30, the cowbell-ish sample sounds a bit odd. I think that section is lacking bass support too, maybe you could have the bass doing the same than the synth.

The transition at 2:40 could be shorter too. It is confusing.