> ReMixer name: HeavenWraith

> Real name: Antanas Palaitis

> E-mail:

> Website: N/A

> Forum userID: 50325

Submission Information

> Game: Mega Man X, Mega Man 2

> ReMix Name: Charge! Towards The Sunset Of Intergalactic Dictatorship

> Original Name: Boomer Kuwanger Stage (MMX), Metal Man Stage (MM2)

> Original Author: Makoto Tomozawa, Setsuo Yamamoto, Toshihiko Horiyama, Yuki Iwai, Yuko Takehara (MMX); Manami Matsumae, Takashi Tateishi (MM2)

> Link to the file:

There is one concern I'm having for this remix. It was done for the "Remixing with the stars" contest and, obviously, there were two people working on this, me and DusK. Since DusK has only contributed in verbal form (no direct recording, mixing, composing, just giving advice), I'm not sure how to properly credit him, whether in the author name field or just append the title with "feat. DusK". So if the judges don't mind, I'll leave this decision up to you (provided this gets accepted, of course).

Additionally, I have no idea at what point of time you're reading this, however it's Christmas on the day I'm writing, so... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-------------

- Boomer Kuwanger

- Metal Man Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 2 months later...

Interesting fade-in opening. The vox sounded like mud paired with the guitars. The leads from :41-:54 were way too loud. Dayum, by :41 it was apparent that the mixing was just cluttered and indistinct. Hopefully, Vig or someone else can clarify what exactly went wrong here and offer specifics on adjusting things.

Really disliked the sequenced lead at 1:08; the timing was extremely stiff and just sounds like sloppy execution. That issue's even more pronounced from 1:34-2:01. If you can't smooth out that synth line, then just have it double the guitar and make sure it's never the louder of the two.

Also, the transition to "Metal Man" at 1:34 was nonexistant. It was like an awkward key change. You need an actual transition there. It worked better at 2:01 though; that was a smoother fit.

2:17-3:28 sounded like mush, continuing for the long haul. The attacks for the Boomer Kuwanger theme at 3:29, again, sounded really stiff and quantized; it was less of an issue when the guitar layered with it at 3:36, but it's still unfortunate.

The track cut out before the vox finished fading; watch those details.

Although it's not my personal cup of tea, the arrangement generally is OK. But humanize the timing of those synths and, more importantly, clean up the soundscape. It's a decent base, Antanas, but needs mixing polish.

NO (resubmit)

• 4 weeks later...

Larry's advice is sound here; there is a lot of mud pervading this mix throughout, and cleaning that up is going to be the first thing you want to work on.

I'll also agree that there's a bit of stiffness going on that can be improved on. Further on that note, there are sections where the melody feels like it's off by a couple beats. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but it's especially noticeable when the lead comes in at 0:27 and a few other sections.

The transitions are a bit rough at times, but listening in a vacuum I think most of them are ok to good. I'd love to hear you work on leading into the different themes, or have them intertwined at times. Mind you, the arrangement as-is is fine minus those transitions, and I like the energy overall. Just some ideas to improve on it or to look at your future arrangements.

I think you've got a great start here, and I love this initiative overall, and I hope you continue to refine this!

NO (resubmit)

Arrangement is really cool, lots of energy, good ideas on the table. But as been mentioned, the mixing is a big problem. The bass is really muddy, the cymbals make everything mush together when they're in play, and there's a lot of stuff you can possibly EQ out. I think it would help to do more A-B comparisons with professional songs. Your levels are actually fairly good, but there's a lot of dead sound to eliminate. Hope you get this one back to us.

NO (resubmit)