I didn't bother reading the OP linked marketing sham, but I'll touch upon the ones I remember:
1) Gyromite showcased a miniature version of Johnny 5 that helped you keep the good doctor alive in his hellish pipe dreams. Too bad my allowance at that age couldn't keep his E-tanks full
2) You wanna talk about gimmicky peripherals? N64! You don't need to look farther than the controller... I mean come on whats the point of the D-pad in 70% of the games. Gaming never gave me blisters until Mario Party 2 on N64.
3) I was ultra-stoked when first word of a multi-player Zelda reached me.... until I learned it required 4 GBAs, 4 copies of the game, and 3 $%$^*$%#^#$%^& Link cables! I mean COMON! (said like Gob)
4) Nintendo Wii requires periphery due to the design of it, but the one that irked me was the first party "zapper" gun mount for the Wiimote and nunchuck. It really only worked for rail shooters like House of the Dead, and for those, it worked wonders. GL in games like Resident Evil 4 though... better off saving your cash.
5) Game-specific keyboards have been available on the market for your various forms of MMO-crack, whichever flavor you favor. They all serve the same purpose. A fool and his money are soon parted. If you need a graphic printed directly on your number pad to tell you what the key does, then I hope to PvP Vs You in the near future. =-)
I don't understand the hate people have for the Wiifit board. Granted I've only tried it with a rabbid rabbits game (they crack me up over there at Ubisoft) but I thought it was the cats meow!