Stupid Flash...

The Pezman

So I want to extract this sound from a video on Youtube. Well, first I have to download it onto my machine. MediaPirate extension for Firefox, no prob.

But what then? How do I separate the sound file from the image? Will it be a .wav or mp3, and if not how do I convert it to one?

So I want to extract this sound from a video on Youtube. Well, first I have to download it onto my machine. MediaPirate extension for Firefox, no prob.

But what then? How do I separate the sound file from the image? Will it be a .wav or mp3, and if not how do I convert it to one?

If you have Windows XP, go to Open Volume Control on your sound icon in your system tray. Then go to Options, Properties, Recording, then make sure Stereo Mix is checked. Open Sound Recorder from Accessories, click record and play your Youtube video at the part you want to record.

Well, need more info. What kind of program are you running the downloaded video on? That may affect whether you are able to record it. I run all of my videos out of either Window Media Player (Which sucks but works well enough for my tastes) or Winamp (Which is iffy sometimes). Either way, Falchion is right. All you do is got to accessories, got to sound recorder, and hit record. It will record what's coming out of your speakers, I just tried it. Of course, I had to run a search for the stupid thing, but it's there. Another problem may be that you're running Vista, or a Mac. If that's the case, can't really help you.

Like I said before, when I record what I'm getting from my speakers, I use this program I somehow acquired called Audacity. Works like a charm. Don't know if it's free because, like I said, I don't even know how I got it. But the sound recorder does work if you're running XP, though you'll have to play with it a little to get sounds longer than a minute. Go try it and see what you get.