Two INCREDIBLY useful Firefox Addons

Shadow Wolf

Hey guys! I was searching around the interweb for a solution to a slight preference issue I was having when I downloaded files. Basically, I have wanted for YEARS to be able to right click a file and instantly decide what folder I want it to save to, without having to browse through all of my folders to find it. Because my documents is hidden 75 folders down in your actual file structure, which makes it a pain in the ass to get to over a network. Well, I found two addons for Firefox that are so damn useful, I had to share them.

First is 'Save Link in Folder.' What this does is let you right click a file, like an OC Remix for instance, and it will give you a menu right there of folders that you might want to save it to, except YOU get to decide what's in the menu. For example:

fileinfolder.jpg

The second one is the exact same thing, except specifically for images. It's aptly named 'Save Image in Folder.' It works just like the other, except a little further down the menu, like so:

imageinfolder.jpg

With all the folders you put in the menu, you can decide whether you want it to save the file with whatever name it already has, or pop up a quick 'Save As' box so you can rename it. Either way, for people who download a TON of crap, like ME, and want to decide where THEY would like to save it, like ME, this will make your life a whole lot easier. Enjoy!

Pharmacology II and Medical/Surgical. Nursing major, actually. :P My teachers insist on giving us EVERYTHING via a word document on Blackboard. I could start a whole thread about how that's the worst piece software ever written, and not even AD could argue with me. But I'd have to post it in PPR, so I'll leave it alone.