Radio Op

MrBond

Greetings.

I am very much a lurker here at OCReMix, so there's a near-100% chance that no one knows me...but anyhow, I am MrBond, and I absolutely love the music and concept of OCReMix.

Anyhow, to the matter at hand...

I have a very real opportunity to begin my own radio show (of sorts) at my college. It would essentially entail about two hours a week playing music and talking about...well, whatever I want, I guess. And since 98% of the music I listen to is remixes (90% of which are from here), I pose this query:

Would there be any objections if I played music from OCReMix on my radio show?

My intentions are these:

1) To spread the joy that is the ReMix

2) To enhance my own understanding and enjoyment of the genre

3) To honor those ReMixers who continue to amaze me with their outstanding talent.

My own basic assumption is, that since all this music is free, there would be no problems. However, I don't like making that assumption in this case as it pertains to many (many, many, many) peoples' works, and I'm all for giving credit where credit is absolutely deserved.

Take a look at this. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you're not distributing the mixes (I think the intent of the language is to refer to giving out copies of the audio files, not the radio), and you're not making any profit off the work of the mixers. Credit the mixers and OCRemix.org properly and you should be fine.

Ah, yes, I thought I had seen some language to that effect somewhere before. Thank you for pointing that out. :-)

I must remember to be more diligent in my research before posting.

Should I go through with this venture, I will let you all know if I get any feedback (and of course, redirect listeners here). :-)

Take a look at this. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you're not distributing the mixes (I think the intent of the language is to refer to giving out copies of the audio files, not the radio), and you're not making any profit off the work of the mixers. Credit the mixers and OCRemix.org properly and you should be fine.

Yep, just iterating to please follow the Terms of Use when you use the stuff on the radio. No profiting (hey, if we can't, you can't!), and make sure to properly credit the track. At the least, that's the artist, track title and OverClocked ReMix/ocremix.org for the website pimp so people know who made the track and where it can be downloaded.

Good luck with the show. Radio is a hell of a lot of fun. If you ever need an interview on how some aspects of the site and music selection process work, lemme know.