How difficult is mixing really?

If you want to LEARN how to do something mixing wise, then you need to EMULATE first.

Take a song you admire, not by a peer, but by a pro, and mimic it perfectly. Make your equipment sound like a pros.

You'll learn tons about how your equipment works and you'll also understand more about how a pro achieves his/her sound.

You have become my favorite person on this forum for that line :P

I've found that I'l usually work on 6-7 songs at once: I'l write down the meat of all the songs in around 2-3 weeks, and then keep working on it occasionally for the next while to get it to where I want. Sometimes it backfires and I get sick of hearing the same songs over and over and never quite getting there, and so I scrap all of em out of frustration, but usually I enjoy hearing the halflife of the imperfections in my songs.

I guess its just what you want to take from the music your writing, wether its for show or sale, pride or popularity, expression or entertainment, cliche or cliche, etc or etc....

You've always been my favorite person on the forum. :)

Oh BTW if you get ur old labtop back...please for the love of god redo/finish your Legend of the Dragoon mix. And if you don't want to I'll do it. :)

Yeah I def agree. I usually only have a certain amount of time per song before my inspiration/willingless to work and refine on a song runs dry. If I don't finish the song in that timeframe I usually have to wait 2-3 months before I can make a good attempt to finish it off.

In my experience the more of an emotional attachment I have to a song the easier, faster, and funner it is to work with.

Another good way to spark creativity and to learn your software is to take some time once in awhile to experiment. Try the craziest things you can think of. Not only do you learn it's fun at the same time. Also chances are you'll create different methods or tricks to making music that sound very unique.