Lost Tribe - Gamemaster (reason cover thing)

Siamey

sup guys.

for any of you tranceheads who liked Gamemaster, here is a thing i started last night, trying to recreate the song in reason. The drums are sampled directly from the original, but I might chance that later, or add onto them.

So far I've recreated the bassline, the short low panning saw synth, the high reverby arp-synth and the snappy lead synth. They dont exactly like the original ofcourse, but im working on it. and when you play them with the original drums, it sounds similar to the real thing :)

There are 2 more bass synths that make the song flow really well, which I have yet to recreate, so it'll sound better with those aswell.

www.siamey.com/ocrtemp/gamemaster.mp3

for those of you who dont know gamemaster, its a classic trance song from 97, and probably my favourite of all time. Here is the original song on youtube.

check it out and compare! any tips on how to sound closer to it are much appreciated

Alright mate i did a remix of this last year, in fact i used it as a way of getting to grips with Fruity Loops after deciding i wanted a change from Reason.

As a result it's not as polished as some of my later tracks but i'm still fond of it as i always loved the original version from back in the day, is it really ten years... crikey i feel old.

Here you go my remix of Gamesmaster

http://www.zshare.net/audio/8082557034737b/

I think i could have mixed this a better but seeing as it was my very first track using FL i think i did ok.

BTW i think you have done a darn good job of recreating the track so far in fact it's very very impressive.

The part that beings at around 0:30 sounds a touch different, but i like it that way to be honest.