Tritones - Black Sabbath, and Terra's theme.

ok, so I've been listening closely to music and i'm finding a whole shit load of things I've never seen before, anyways, the point is, I was wondering if you could tell me if my music analisis is charect

like korn, black sabbath used tritones exclusively in one of there songs, i'll be honest, i didn't know what the hell a tritone was untill a few days ago,

now, i terras "morning theme", there is a very fast "thrill" note before the the oboe intro begins, what i'm thinking is, that this is some sort of musical technique that makes the second section "fit"

the second section is similar to korn and black sabbaths "tritones" in the respect that they just repeat over and over again, and lead into the next section, now, it dosn't feel repetitive, and it makes it all run smooth,

what the hell are these things called!? augmented then diminished over and over again?

i thought that too, sort of like the pac man theme song, and then i found a final doom song on my piano by trying to use this technique, it's located around E and F-G, I believe there is a remix on this site of it, it's called "Iron Demon"

another thing, if i were to use this technique, could i somehow play a pattern out like this...

ABAB-ABAC

using a sound similar to a tritone, something that "feels" normal repeating over and over again, and then "break" that chain and do something that will open up many musical possibilities?

I don't know to well of how this stuff works technically and i don't mean to come off as a scrub but I have no choice. >_>

i do plan on submitting the greatest remix this site has ever seen, so in order to do this, i must attain these godly skills , and then give you a taste of the nicholestien flava. ;D