New Track, Concealment (DnB)

Love that first pad. Swelling, doesn't feel a lot like drum and bass, but nice anyways. Needs to be more gritty. I like that lead.

Bass not so much. The stabs seem a bit basic. They work fine now. I want to see how this is gonna progress, and what it will come to. Lots of blending melodic work... very unlike drum and bass.

I'm starting to get the feeling that there is no build.... oh wait. Piano, again unlike drum and bass (unless you're Geier). Hm. Again with the sidestick.

So yeah, its pretty simple. Try to make a heavier snare. Add distortion, compression, etc. The upper synthwork was nice, but the reese (bass) is pretty simple. You should listen to some modern drum and bass. Check out Spor's Lifted Music Podcast. Search for it on iTunes, or listen: http://podcast.liftedmusic.com/podcast/Lifted_Music_Show_003_-_Spor_and_Chris_Renegade.mp3

That's show 3.

Once you get a good idea of what drum and bass is, try and tweak your track to fit. I like the concepts here, and the melodies are nice, but its not drum and bass.

Thanks for the feedback.

Skrypnyk is right, this might be better labeled as atmospheric jungle, and I really don't want it to get too heavy because I'm not really into heavy mainstream DnB type stuff. I guess that I should have specified that in the thread intro. I personally like it the way it is, as I was trying to go for a somewhat light flowing feel.

Using the label DnB seems to be rather controversial in general around here these days. After reading about it on Wikipedia (which claims DnB to be a broad genre with many subgenres), I feel that this track fits under the DnB genre, though it is lighter than most modern DnB. I honestly don't pay much attention to subgenres.