Dragon Quest Swords

XZero

Has anyone else tried this game? I picked it up today, and while I'm kind of liking it, my wrist was starting to get sore. Then my whole arm (when I started swinging the controller like an actual sword). Then my other wrist and arm. I knew what I was getting into when I got it, but I'm still decidedly unimpressed, even with lower expectations.

I guess my real problem with it is twofold: extremely limited exploration (which comes with the territory, of course) mixed with the absence of a nunchuck control option, and some really poor detection for the combat. Music's really good, and the story's not bad; I can get into it, but after a couple of hours, I just get bored. That, and (SPOILER... kind of) when Blade's dad is your party member, his comments are completely useless since during these times, I feel that he should be attacking rather than telling me things I already know. Overall, it's not an inherently bad game as much as an inherently flawed one.

Two questions for you guys: What do those of you who have played it think of DQS, and for anyone who knows what I'm talking about, does Blade's dad remind you of Ryoma's dad from Prince of Tennis?

Update: I finished the game this evening. You know, looking back on my 8 hours, it wasn't as bad as I originally felt. It's just kind of broken. The last boss is pretty cool, if somewhat generic; great lines, though.

During the credit roll, photograph images show up on the right side of the screen depicting major parts of the adventure (like a slide show), and you can slice them using the motion controls. The ultimate bitchslap was when I horizontally sliced at one of the pictures and the game registered it as a vertical slash, thereby completely missing the picture. I laughed out loud at that one. It was the only way to keep from crying.