Exporting channels separately

Is there a way to export a single channel's audio into a .wav file without exporting the whole song with it? For example, if I have a cello that takes up 5 different patterns on the master playlist, can I export it so that only that channel is being rendered? I can mute all the other channels, but the file size is still unwieldy.

And on a related note, is there an easy way to mass export all the channels to separate .wav files?

yes it would be nice if you could render all the tracks seperatly at the same time. it would make mastering a lot quicker and efficient if you perfer to use a seperate program for mastering. (I would but i dont have the patience to render all my tracks, thats why my songs always eat up all of my cpu)

Couldn't you just put an edison into the mixer track of the Cello then set it to record on "Input" and set a noise threshold then let the song run through and save it through edison when you're done? Let me know if there's a problem with this, but I figure it should work, you might as well solo it too though to save on CPU, if you have the threshold set right then you shouldn't have any useless empty space in the wave either. (If you're song has more than 5 minutes of Cello make sure to change the max recording time)

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't you just put an edison into the mixer track of the Cello then set it to record on "Input" and set a noise threshold then let the song run through and save it through edison when you're done? Let me know if there's a problem with this, but I figure it should work, you might as well solo it too though to save on CPU, if you have the threshold set right then you shouldn't have any useless empty space in the wave either. (If you're song has more than 5 minutes of Cello make sure to change the max recording time)

Yes, this will work. The only problem is it's likely going to be faster to just export the regular way and edit it afterwards.

There IS an incredibly easy to render all tracks seperately. Go to export song, and check "split mixer tracks." It will create a seperate wav file for each mixer track, and it doesn't take any longer either.

Zircon, you didn't know about that?

EDIT: Yes I just noticed you guys said "channels" not "tracks." But yeah, the mixer track thing is handy too. It's basically the same thing if you have all your channels assigned their own mixer track anyway.

There IS an incredibly easy to render all tracks seperately. Go to export song, and check "split mixer tracks." It will create a seperate wav file for each mixer track, and it doesn't take any longer either.

Zircon, you didn't know about that?

EDIT: Yes I just noticed you guys said "channels" not "tracks." But yeah, the mixer track thing is handy too. It's basically the same thing if you have all your channels assigned their own mixer track anyway.

Yeah, this is basically the next best thing. Sometimes I have a bunch of midi outs though and there isn't any way to get them over to the mixer that I know of.