FF7 sandy badlands wip-needs feedback

1makes2

ok....

so here it is.. a remix of the sandy badlands theme ff7.

so far i still need to do more with the drums and the bass because there kinda boring. and it needs a lot of fleshing out.. this is pretty much most of the arrangement written withouht a lot of production work.

i threw some fake voices in there during the break just for a laugh. they will eventually get taken out.

but the ending is the best part so far so you have to listen to the whole thing!

feedback is appreciated!

http://1makes2.tripod.com

*sigh* More ff7...

I think the intro needs a little more stereo effect, it sounded like my headphones were broken somehow. Not until the reverse crash comes in does it sound like music. :P It's a really cool effect, tho.

Drums lack punch, and the whole track sounds like it's missing the midrange instruments. I don't like those hihats either, but I don't know if it's a stylistic choice you've made to use those, or if you're willing to change them to something more natural sounding. It might break the genre rules, tho, but it's not like ocr sticks to genre anyway. Your call.

Get rid of the voice effects. They're distracting. That section sounds pretty enough tho, but is kind'a repetitive.

Ending went by the first time without me really noticing. Second listen, I'm hearing what could be awesome if it's more climactic, but it's currently a good concept with a weak execution. Sorry man.

Overall, it needs more depth and more richness. I like the arrangement, but I don't know the source, so this could be verbatim or compeltely original and I couldn't tell the difference, save for genre-specific additions/changes. Good concept, early wip. Could turn out great. :D

*sigh* More ff7...

I think the intro needs a little more stereo effect, it sounded like my headphones were broken somehow. Not until the reverse crash comes in does it sound like music. :P It's a really cool effect, tho.

Drums lack punch, and the whole track sounds like it's missing the midrange instruments. I don't like those hihats either, but I don't know if it's a stylistic choice you've made to use those, or if you're willing to change them to something more natural sounding. It might break the genre rules, tho, but it's not like ocr sticks to genre anyway. Your call.

Get rid of the voice effects. They're distracting. That section sounds pretty enough tho, but is kind'a repetitive.

Ending went by the first time without me really noticing. Second listen, I'm hearing what could be awesome if it's more climactic, but it's currently a good concept with a weak execution. Sorry man.

Overall, it needs more depth and more richness. I like the arrangement, but I don't know the source, so this could be verbatim or compeltely original and I couldn't tell the difference, save for genre-specific additions/changes. Good concept, early wip. Could turn out great. :D

k

the voices are def coming out i thhrew them in ther cause i was bore messing around.

like i said above it just concept right now i havent put a lot of production work into it.

the original is really dry and boring imo.. but i think ive spiced it up quite a bit..

http://www.hamienet.com/17868_Corel-Prison.mid

but yea theres more to come when i get time to work on all these mixes i started. all of which i want on the site.

Thanks!