Guitar Pro help

When using Guitar Pro 5, I use the sheet music layout. Sometimes it will not allow me to add really low or really high notes, and sometimes it will not allow me to add just a typical note in a chord with another. Sometimes when I tie notes, it will even make the note jump an octave lower. I think what is happening is that Guitar Pro is adjusting for the limitations of the guitar. My two hands can play any two notes I want, but one could not play a chord comprising of two notes on the same string, or two frets that are too far away.

Is there any way to have it not make these adjustments?

one could not play a chord comprising of ... two frets that are too far away.

No idea on Guitar Pro; but someone did give me a song titled "the impossible to play song" so I could pass it on to fix a libpoppler PDF rendering bug. (Razorfret..) I proceeded to play it, but yes with two hands. Wound up using my thumb and pinky to hold a plec to pick strings.

I can't imagine why a Windows program wouldn't just pop up a box going, "Warning: This is impossible. Are you sure?" (A Unix program of course will assume you know what you're doing better than it does; while a Mac will try to fix it so it 'just works' and just fail every time)