Zelda: Wind Waker - The Ocean Theme (Woodwind Quartet)

Dash Myoku

There are clipping issues in the latter part of this. And I don't think I heard a clarinet...unless it was playing in the same range as the bassoon, which could be the case, since I misread 'quartet' for 'quintet' (I wrote a woodwind quintet these past two-three months).

Other than that, I liked the arrangement. It portrayed the Great Sea as a calmer, gentler place than the original song, though that could be the absence of a snare drum. Although for it to make it on to OCR, you'd probably have to be a bit more liberal with the theme, really giving it your own flair as opposed to directly transcribing it for four instruments.

There are clipping issues in the latter part of this. And I don't think I heard a clarinet...unless it was playing in the same range as the bassoon, which could be the case, since I misread 'quartet' for 'quintet' (I wrote a woodwind quintet these past two-three months).

Other than that, I liked the arrangement. It portrayed the Great Sea as a calmer, gentler place than the original song, though that could be the absence of a snare drum. Although for it to make it on to OCR, you'd probably have to be a bit more liberal with the theme, really giving it your own flair as opposed to directly transcribing it for four instruments.

Well, there isn't a Clarinet. Just Flute, Oboe, Bassoon and Contra Bassoon (for added bass). And I'll re-work it so I can nix out those clipping issues.

And that's another thing, not much else I can do with this composition. Probably because I just used the lead part from the original and added my own arrangement for everything else.