Howdy!

sleipnir

Hey guys, I just found about about this site and it looks like a pretty kickass hub for all things video game music related. I'm rather interested in making my own video game remixes, but I haven't been able to find many resources explaining the basic setup that's required for it. I was wondering if people would be willing to share some of their experience regarding the sort of software that's used. I'm a little tight on cash as of late, so I'd appreciate everything pertaining to hardware, but I most likely won't be able to pick anything up in the near future.

Oh and before writing this up I took a look around to see if there was a post or guide explaining the rudimentary steps for creating remixes, but I didn't find anything. If anyone is aware of a guide of the sort, I'd really appreciate a link. Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot, those guides look to be really helpful. I looked into the software section of both guides posted and noticed that no one really mentioned any preferred program. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for using certain products, but I was wondering if someone could list me a few different programs, just so I can take a bit of a look into it. My buddy mentioned a product called Reason, but I'm not sure if that's the type of software I need or not.