Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Vince DiCola Interview

Arcubalis

If you haven't heard of Vince DiCola, I don't blame you, although it's really a shame. He composed Rocky IV and Transformers: The Movie (1986) which was not only one of my favorite movies growing up, but also had some of the most awesome, rockin' tracks and hilariously 80s vocal tracks.

I was incredibly surprised to see DiCola's name reappear this year with the release of the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Original Soundtrack. DiCola arranged the series theme, "Moon Over the Castle," and for his fans, yes, it sounds like DiCola, it sounds modern, and it's completely awesome.

As a huge fan, I had to find this guy, and as it turned out, he's one of the most mellow, outgoing guys I've talked to. He has a lot to say about his work on GT5P and about possibly doing games in the future. He also tells his fans what he's been doing over the last 20 years.

I hope you guys enjoy this read as much as I did:

http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=251

Interestingly, Vince has actually been involved with the Gran Turismo series since number 4, working with Masahiro Andoh of T-Square and Doug Bossi (the same guys who worked with him on the GT5 arrangement of Moon Over the Castle. Which is probably one of the most legendary video game themes ever, by the way) as part of a band project called "The BAD". He truly has remained understated, so it's cool to see this.

Wasn't aware he was involved with GT4. I'm surprised he didn't mention it given the large amount of material he covered.

But yeah, his music is absolutely amazing, and it was cool to have Klepacki contribute some questions to the interview as a fan.

Wasn't aware he was involved with GT4. I'm surprised he didn't mention it given the large amount of material he covered.

But yeah, his music is absolutely amazing, and it was cool to have Klepacki contribute some questions to the interview as a fan.

He did mention working previously with Bossi and Andoh. "The BAD" collaboration is likely what he's referring to.