BioShock - "Beyond the Sea" Cover

Leitbur

Greetings!

This is only kinda-sorta game related, but my brother and I recently finished a cover of "Beyond the Sea" - the original was featured pretty prominently in BioShock (and had a pretty cool Moby/Oscar remix on the limited edition EP). Ours is pretty electronic, but different from the Moby version. Here's a link:

Leitbur - Beyond the Sea

Let us know what you think!

Also, on a side note, I used to submit Remixes here a long time ago... solo stuff under the name "Arkimedes." I had a Halo remix and a Shenmue track that had some pretty good feedback. =) My brother and I are thinking of maybe doing another submission, but we're not sure what to tackle. Any ideas? (The only thing that comes to mind is the great, great music in Lost Odyssey... I'm about halfway through it at the moment). Also, if you want to listen to a few of the other tracks we've been working on, check out our website!

www.leitbur.com

- Jaron

Leitbur

LEITBUR_TITLE.jpg

My God, you did Fall From Above? Thats gotta be my favorite track on here. I would definitely love to here some new stuff. I don't have a good track record with request so I'll let someone else request something. Otherwise, checkout the request thread. There's tons of stuff on there.

PS. I love the vocals on this cover. Fantastic. I couldn't really hear the resemblance to anything from Bioshock but now I'm gonna listen for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Marc Shaiman's score to Bioshock is brilliant, this has no resemblance to it outside of the fact that 2K Marin licensed the original song for use in Bioshock.

I would remove the association lest you get more replies like this.

Otherwise, nice vocals, but the arrangement didn't do much for me. Plus, I can't get the comparison of Shaiman's awesome string work out of my head.