Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Boss battle

CC Ricers

Here's my latest production. Well, not really new but a revamp of an older remix I completed. It's in a dark/neuro drum & bass style, like it was in the original remix but I replaced almost all the drums. They didn't carry the tune well enough.

Let me know if I'm on the right track with this one.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/sguk/Sonic-2nage---Boss-WIP

I really loved everything past the point of 1:43 onwards, after that point it sounds sweet and is really intresting / layed out also some nice tunage builds in so perfectly its sick although i think it dies kinda prematurely...

I suggest maybe trying to cut some of the repetative parts from before there and adding to the end. Also the drums are nice but seem to loop very samely for a long time and make every part sound similar, if i was to make some part really stand out i would try some heavy '4 on the floor' mega distorted bassdrum :P and also, i would add a few jungleish sorta fills (snare/bassdrum rolls and rapidly opening and closing hi hats work awsome :P) would really make it come together i think.

These are just my thoughts, either way its an awsome piece and with one of robotniks tunes it's very hard to go wrong, it is afterall such an epic tune :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've always loved this track from Sonic 2 and it's nice to see it mixed.

Based on the similarities in the theme, I honestly imagined something a little more like River City Rammstein (http://djpretzel.web.aplus.net/songs/River_City_Ransom_RiverCityRammstein_OC_ReMix.mp3) but I like what you've done. Going on the heavier side probably wouldn't hurt, though. :-)

I say keep it up, I love this track and while I would personally like a little more heavy depth, I think it's pretty solid as is.