Let's go trance (WIP)

Yippee! some lemmings ftw

Hey Xeno :) Just checked out that mix, In a word its pretty damn cheesy hehe :P but in a relativly awsome sorta way.

Alright before laying down my constructive crits im going to admit that I personally am not a fan of 'trance' mainly because of the genres endless repitition and ambience, its not something i like at all and your song did seem to loop far too long for my liking in places but i think thats down to the genre so i guess thats a good thing? Basically dont hold against me anything i come out with as i dont have much of a clue anyways :P

So anyways, what I thought was that fir a start the sounds u were using were actually pretty decent but the lead tune was maybe a little quiet behind the loud siren like phasing-saw-keyboardy-ravey-soundy thing - yes... that thing... :P - I could barely make it out :( So sound levels is prby one thing for you to look at.

Other than that I think that your drums were very weak and brought the piece down dramatically cause they were really lacking any oomph and just looped pretty much all the way. Minimal or no fills and to be fair it was a pretty weak beat full stop :P

A damn good start though Xeno, the intruments were spot on and came together nicely. Get a bit of practise in writing your percussion and your a winner! Keep it up :)

xGx

p.s. Im totally new here too hehe, even though ive wrote loads of mixs in my spare time im only actually submitting my first post in this forum today ^-^ and i would love to hear any critisim u have about mine :) ( you can get revenge ;) haha )

• 2 weeks later...