Hyrule Castle WIP

Rom Tom

You're aiming for rock, a little bit of metal I guess. This sounds a bit wannabe-ish as metal/rock/something. Sorry man. But look on the bright side, mon, I think this would work great as ska. :D The rhythm, pace, drum writing... Ska! Some fixes, and you'd be there. And OCR needs ska. Everyone does, mon.

Source is clearly there, there's enough original stuff. Guitar playing is passable, and probably better than I'd do. Drums are light and lack the intensity they should have in something that's supposed to be heavy.

If you'd go for my ska suggestion, you'd need to brighten the guitar, lose a little of the distortion but maybe add a little wah, add the typical upbeat rhythm guitar, make the bass more interesting (consider doing that anyway). You could go for a more reggae-sound in the calm middle section (ending at 2:50).

Yeah, I've got no technical details to bother you with. Writing is good, production is unrefined, sound choices are inconsistant. You're half way there, too bad the second half is sometimes 90% of the work. :P

Production needs work, you need to pick a genre, writing is fine (might need some minor fixes, but you'll have to find those yourself). Great job so far.

Remember to take a backup in case whichever genre you pick doesn't work out. :D