*NO* Forbidden Forest 'Spider Surfin''

Liontamer

Hello, lads and ladies of the OCRemix jury!

Here's my latest creation and contribution to the game remixing world.

I hope it's to your liking, despite its shortness.

* Your ReMixer name: Makke

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: Forbidden Forest

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Eeer, main title? It's the first subtune of the HVSC-file.

* Name of remix: Spider Surfin'

* Additional information about game:

Game - Forbidden Forest

Released by - Combi

Year - 1983

Composer - Paul Norman

System - The Almighty Commodore 64. ;)

* Link to the original soundtrack:

* Link to remix:

* Your own comments about the mix: The lenth is mainly due to the fact that the original source material doesn't give you an awful lot to work with, but also to keep it in distinct surf-style - i.e. brief, to the point, and rocking!

Makke

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.c64.org/HVSC/MUSICIANS/N/Norman_Paul/Forbidden_Forest.sid - Subtune 1/18

Have faith, good sir! You really could get more out of this brief arrangement. But yeah, as it, there's just not that much there and this didn't come across as a fully developed piece. "Don't Go Walking Slow" had a lot more unrelated original writing in there, but it also stretched the actual source tune further.

I <3 your work as always, but this needs more development and substance. Coming up with more variations of subtune 1, adding in original material, and adding in ideas from subtune 2, would all help this have a better shot at passing.

But if you're OK with what's in place now, no hate here. I'm always looking forward to your next works!

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Man, what's here sounds excellent. Awesome take on the theme. The style fits the song like a glove.

Which makes it very sad that it only goes through two repetitions of the theme, with one additional instrument layering the lead the second time. This could easily do with some soloing, new chords, something. I don't think it would need to be much longer than what you have here, but at 1:22, I can't really YES it. It sounds like half a song. I highly highly encourage you to extend this. Highly.

NO

• 3 weeks later...