Blake Stone

Ryojin

First off, sorry if this isn't in the right place... I looked over the rules, but didn't read every single little bit, so I may have missed something, but this appears to be the right spot...

Anyway, I have a remix that I made that I would like some feedback on. It's the first remix I have ever made, but I don't think I did too horribly badly on it.

http://files.filefront.com/STARDestructionmp3/;10136614;/fileinfo.html

I need all the tips I can get here. I made that using FL Studio 8. At one point I opened a midi of the original song to see what the right notes for it were, but I didn't directly copy anything over.

I don't think I am completely finished with it, but if I get enough positive feedback, I am going to work pretty hard to get this to be as good as I can. If not, I'll just cut my losses and move on. :P

Thanks in advance!

I should just bus over to your house and teach you how to use the thing [finally, someone in Seattle. There's only like 1 or 2 of us here, not counting the many Shizzies]

Though, this isn't bad at all for a first remix, I guess. Is this the first thing you've done EVER or is it just your first remix?

The good:

-BLAKE STONE!!!!

The bad:

-The synths sound kind of preset-ey

-extremely repetitive. The short and simple melody repeats ad nauseum for minutes on end, with a bassline breaking the repetition a tiny bit in the middle and at the end. Basically, the song could've been 1/4th as long and you could've gotten the point across. Also, you have a 1-measure drum pattern that does not change for the entire song. I recommend learning about drum fills and things of that nature.

-the song doesn't really have an ending. It just stops at 6:04 and that's that.

-lol, Slayer. don't use this ever

Though, this isn't bad at all for a first remix, I guess. Is this the first thing you've done EVER or is it just your first remix?

This would be the first thing I really have done ever, remix or not.

-extremely repetitive. The short and simple melody repeats ad nauseum for minutes on end, with a bassline breaking the repetition a tiny bit in the middle and at the end. Basically, the song could've been 1/4th as long and you could've gotten the point across. Also, you have a 1-measure drum pattern that does not change for the entire song. I recommend learning about drum fills and things of that nature.

-the song doesn't really have an ending. It just stops at 6:04 and that's that.

-lol, Slayer. don't use this ever

Ah, just the sort of thing I needed!

I did actually go and change quite a bit of it last night. I didn't get around to adding in different drums to it, but I did cut it down by about two minutes or so, so it sounds a bit less repetitive. As for the Slayer part... I honestly haven't got a clue why that's in there still, I thought I got rid of that quite a while ago... O.o

Thanks for the comments! Got any other comments for a complete remixing noob?

Hey I'm new myself and just registered today.

For some reason i can't access the file an error pops up for me, can you let me know if it works on your side.

Also if you would like to Collab i would be interested, i also use FL Studio 8 so let me know or you can add me on msn.