Super Bonk - Live from the Moon (SNES)

Therapsid

Actually it's been posted in "Requests forum", however I'd like to post it here too.

I meant to make this very very very....tentative attempt of a remix of Super Bonk's Lunar Pyramid Stage. :sleepdepriv:, hoping to give OCRemixers some inspiration for a real decent remix. Just please change the title if you mind to make an attempt of remix :-P

Here is my attempt (sure not "OCRemix-yess-able" neither "to-be-submitted-worth" so far") :lmassoff:

Super Bonk - Live from the Moon

rlyx

ARRANGEMENT / INTERPRETATION

PRODUCTION

[X] Too loud

[X] Too quiet

[X] Low-quality sampless

[X] Drums have no energy

[X] Mixing is muddy (eg. too many sounds in the same range)

STRUCTURE

[X] Lacks coherence overall (no "flow")

[X] Not enough changes in sounds (eg. static texture, not dynamic enough)

[X] Too repetitive

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

I like the general melody, though I should qualify that statement by saying I've never really given the Bonk soundtrack much of a listen.

I like the "live" aspect of the piece, ie the crowd cheer and applause. When the synth comes in over the applause, it seems much too loud, because there's clipping going on (in addition to the audience sound).

At :49, during the harmonization part, it clips SEVERELY and is much too loud for my ears anyhow.

Guitar in the background might be at a decent volume level, but I can't really tell because the synth is just SO loud.

The melody just repeats itself over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Not a good thing.

Drums are almost nonexistent for the piece; they're also quite low-fi/low quality and don't fit the rest of the piece.

Synth choices could probably be better, not really digging them as they are now -- but that could entirely be due to the volume issue. Overbearing and all.

It does have a nice middle-eastern vibe to it which is enjoyable.

There's just not enough going on to justify the almost three and a half minutes given to the piece.

Well, thanks for the feedback, but this track is not supposed to be a WIP or a release. It's just been posted in "Request" subforum to give a vague idea about what some OCRemixer could work for a Super Bonk remix.

My remixing skills are not so pretty indeed :tomatoface: