*NO* Super Mario Sunshine 'Isle Delphino's Odd Illusions' *FT*

analoq

1 minute?

maybe the rest was lost in the process of ... er.. nope.

1 minute.

hmm...

Resubmit as 6 minutes and not looped and I'll give a Yes, maybe. Hmm, actually probably not.

NO?

EDIT: I'll give it another shot then, but I definately downloaded a 1 minute mp3. It was exactly 1 minute. EDIT2: UGH I totally downloaded the original.

New review:

OK!!!!!! much different.

I'm really not likeing these brass samples. They are kinda out of place. I dont understand the need for flange upon orchestra. Aside from huge HQ soundfonts, I dont think this song has anything going for it so far. The percussion element could have been done better. Totally Totally way too short. I'd like to see this song not be carried by HQ samples and be far longer than 2:15.

NO

protricity is sorta right, this is carried by the nice samples... i like the flange effect though. but it's really the same thing over and over again, the variation is mostly with the instrumentation and dynamics, no real interpretaion of the original melody or chord progression. and it's a little short. But it is very nice... I think it would benefit from a resubmit but I'm not entirely opposed to it being posted either. *shrug*

no

• 2 weeks later...

So basically this is a not very complex arrangement of the original with

some higher quality samples? I'm a little torn over this one. The flange

effect seems totally out of place, however it DOES sound good, I'm just

curious as to if I think this really is OCR material. First off, it's far too

short.

I guess the real question is what is this remix trying to accomplish?

I don't feel this really offers anything new on the theme.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting instrumentation; I don't think you need to be told again that these samples are top-notch. However, this is a very conservative interpretation of the theme; nothing new has been done here in terms of arrangement and progression. I find 1:12 - 1:20 to be the most remarkable section, try expounding on these ideas of note splicing and orchestral snare hits. Add some original sequencing, give a twist to the melody, lengthen the piece, and send it back to us.

NO