Can only play one note with midi keyboard!

Hello, I have this problem: I want to run a vsti or a sf2 and play it thru midi ( i have my keyboard connected with a usb/midi cable), but the problem is it just plays one note (c5), all other notes i play on the keyboard dont sound.

As a matter of fact, other notes do sound, but not in the first channel where i put the vst, the following D, E and F seems to be linked to play the "clap", "hi hat" and "snare" that you have as default when FL starts.

I mess around with the "preview keyboard" and reset on the "misc", try to shdow all the keyboard, and try to enable all the keyboard, but it only plays if cliked, cant be controlled by the keyboard. Whats wrong? Can you guys help me? Will I have to compose only one note songs?

Thanks! :razz:

First try just loading up a new project (from a blank template) and see if that fixes it, if not then has it worked in the past or is this the first time you've used this keyboard? Also check if you have any zones or groups running on your keyboard, you'll want the whole keyboard transmitting to one channel. Also go to the midi options in FL studio, check that things are set-up properly there.

Try these things out, good luck!

First try just loading up a new project (from a blank template) and see if that fixes it

I just did , but it still doesnt play other notes than C

if not then has it worked in the past or is this the first time you've used this keyboard? Also check if you have any zones or groups running on your keyboard, you'll want the whole keyboard transmitting to one channel

Yeah, I used it before and there isnt any issues with zones, in fact I can play thru midi without any problems in cakewalk, but I need to use FL´s soundfonts and vst.

. Also go to the midi options in FL studio, check that things are set-up properly there.

Try these things out, good luck!

As I said I only have this problem in FL, so it must be some setting mess up. Here is the "midi settings" windows, see if theres anything weird

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1la2.jpg

screenshot1la2.jpg

And here is the main window:

screenshot3kx3.jpg

For example: here I have 3 channels: 1- Sounfont, 2-Wavestation vst, 3- Bass vst.

When I play C on the keyboard it makes the 1ºchannel (soundfont) sound, when I play D the wavestation vst sounds, and E for the bass. Some weird disposal of the keys is setted, but I dont know how to configure it so I can play all notes of one single channel.

Also, all 3 channels play the note C, so for example I play D and the 2ºchannel plays C, play E and the bass plays C.

In midi settings change omni preview channel to "--" and also generator muting channel to "--". That should fix it up, also just as a side note, if your keyboard is velocity sensing you might want to link velocity to "velocity". Problem solved.

In midi settings change omni preview channel to "--" and also generator muting channel to "--". That should fix it up, also just as a side note, if your keyboard is velocity sensing you might want to link velocity to "velocity". Problem solved.

AMEN! :-o