*NO* Chivalry 'Vader Enters the Lists'

Liontamer

An Apple II game? Couldn't help myself - LT

remixer name: foam

user id: 23961

name of game arranged: "chivalry" from apple ii

name of song arranged: "vader enters the lists" (main theme of chivalry remixed)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Source:

"WHOA, nice graphics! I'd like to get my hands on THAT game!" [/1986]

Chivalry - Title Screen

Waiting all the way until 1:38 to even bring in the source tune was way too for a 3:26-long track. We discourage extensive incorporation of non-game music like the Darth Vader theme, but it wasn't too long; just mentioning it so that you don't embrace that theme too much. The second verse from 2:46-3:12 was basically a cut-and-paste of the first iteration of the theme from 1:38-2:05. You need to develop some manner of interpretation for the source tune, not just play it near-verbatim twice over.

Even though it was cheesy, and overstayed its welcome, I enjoyed the opening bit of the audio drama for what it was. The concept of this was cool, going for a militaristic vibe, but the execution needed a lot of work. Right now the textures were pretty hollow and simplistic. Your melodic instruments should have had more fullness and presence, the drums and vox don't fill out the background enough, and the articulations on everything need to be refined so that everything doesn't sound so mechanically sequenced.

Stick around and use our forum and chat resources on OCR to get more feedback before future submissions, learn how to make more effective music with your current setup, and perhaps score some better sounds to work with.

NO

chivalrytapestry.jpg

I love you 'Ili Butterfield, I really do. And because I do, I quoted that.

All valid criticism. I did think the vader theme meshed quite well with the rest and it wasn't enough to disturb the arrangement. Your instruments and mixing needs some work, all instruments sound very weak and thin. Also, you need to really arrange the source in a more sophisticated fasion, and preferably for a longer time than this ;)

So all in all, evolve your concept, work on production and interpret the source moar plz.

NO