FF7 Medley

Magma

I was hoping to use a medley of FF7 tracks in a video project I'm working on. Would anyone be interested? I know that there already a ton of FF7 tracks, thanks to Voices of the Lifestream, but there are no medleys. In fact, I find myself wondering why this site doesn't do more medleys, because they are awesome.

Anyway, the medley itself would include some of the more famous FF7 tracks, as well as at least one piece from the different titles in the compilation. Here are a list of tracks included that I would like. I have them split into two categories: Songs that are needed (as in songs that should definitely be in the medley if at all possible), and Songs that would be nice (as in songs that it would be cool to hear briefly in the medley). Of course, you're the remixer, and you're entitled to handle it as you wish.

SONGS THAT ARE NEEDED

-Opening ~ Bombing Mission (http://youtube.com/watch?v=tO0mY1F3Tnc)

-Anxious Heart (

)

-Tifa's Theme (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ky-cTSKlKQ)

-Shinra Company (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xis9bi2OeM4)

-Those Who Fight (

)

-Turk's Theme (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6xhiTcgpvqQ)

-FF7 Main Theme (http://youtube.com/watch?v=0uwJuYChajY)

-On that Day, Five Years Ago (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vlnk5ThilSo)

-Aerith's Theme (http://youtube.com/watch?v=q85KIhPXrIQ)

-One-Winged Angel (

)

-The Promised Land (

)

-Theme of CRISIS CORE (

)

-Trigger Situation (

)

SONGS THAT WOULD BE NICE

-Prelude (

)

-Those Who Fight Further (

)

-Great Warrior (

)

-J-E-N-O-V-A (

)

-Cid's Theme (

)

-Judgment Day (

)

Yes, I know that's a lot, but like I said, you don't have to use all of them: those are just suggestions. Although I do request that the FF7 Main Theme, the Turk's Theme, the Promised Land, the Theme of CRISIS CORE, and Trigger Situation all be included so that the Compilation gets fair representation. Now, the rest is up to you.

Thank you for any consideration this gets!

I can understand that, but that doesn't mean that they aren't great and nostalgic to listen to. That's probably why a lot of game credit themes are medleys. I still think that they shouldn't be shunned, though.

They're not "shunned," they just don't generally fit with the type of music OCR looks for (i.e. complete, cohesive pieces). And game credit themes are medleys because that's a pretty standard way of closing out anything, be it games, movies or plays. End titles are usually an overture of the music featured in the body of work. It really has nothing to do with nostalgia.

There are still 13 tracks in your "needed" list, which is already bigger than any medley that's ever been posted on OCR (for obvious length and size reasons). In fact, it's bigger than some remix projects I've seen...

It's going to take a lot for most people here to go back to FF7 after the VotL flood just for some random guy's video project, especially for something they will never be able to submit, and especially if you have no samples of your work. Sorry if I sound harsh, but you need to realize what you're asking for here, i.e. basically a personal service. Remixing is very time-consuming process, and if you're really serious about this, you might even have to end up offering money to receive this service..

Well if it takes money for people to take requests, why is there even a requests board in the first place? And I worded it wrong. My 'needed' list is basically just a list of 'important' tracks to include, but not all of them need be included.

And medleys aren't even allowed to be submitted?

Also, I had no idea that the VotL project was for a video. Fill me in?

EDIT: Never mind, I realize that by "personal serivce", that I was being too specific. How about this: I would appreciate just a medley of pieces from the entire FF7 compilation. Five or six tracks should do.

Although I sort of feel like it's hopeless at this point.

Dhsu was kidding about the money thing :lol:

I'm certain there will always be FF7 mixes to come along and get submitted, and I definitely don't mean to discourage you from making requests in the future, but I think all Darke and Dhsu are saying is that the chances of an FF7 medley getting not only remixed, but APPROVED and posted to the site are extremely extremely thin.

Our standards require some sort of musical development and substantial level of real interpretation (not just sound/instrument upgrades) and if you take a piece that is combining 5 or 6 themes, well, it just realistically doesn't give you much time to do that for each one. In probably a good 90+% of the medley submissions we receive, the remixes typically end up being a collage of themes that don't mesh well together and have no real flow from one theme to the next with proper thematic development. A good analogy would be to say for one to cut out just the main melodies of those themes and throw them into winamp with crossfade turned on, and there you have it.

Plus, the fact that FF7 is one of the top most remixed games coupled with VotL's recent release, again, the chances are slim. Don't take it personally, someone could totally prove me wrong and remix a fantastically stellar FF7 medley remix that totally follows our standards, and that would be awesome. But I'd say that between those of us who have responded, our advice is to not hold your breath. Cheers.

Well if it takes money for people to take requests, why is there even a requests board in the first place?

Because most people don't ask for Final Fantasy megamedleys, and most artists fulfill requests with the intent to submit to OCR later on.

And medleys aren't even allowed to be submitted?

They are, but if you included every single track in your request, it would be much too long and big to be accepted. This is why Bladiator can't submit "Golden Ivories of Gaia," an incredible FF7 medley from VotL, and Jeremy Robson had to split his "Philharmonic Suite" into several pieces.

Also, I had no idea that the VotL project was for a video. Fill me in?

Um, you're the one who said your request was for a video project you were working on.

EDIT: Never mind, I realize that by "personal serivce", that I was being too specific. How about this: I would appreciate just a medley of pieces from the entire FF7 compilation. Five or six tracks should do.

This is a lot more reasonable. See my above recommendations by Bladiator and Jeremy Robson.

Dhsu was kidding about the money thing :lol:

Not really. Magma appeared to be asking for a 13-track medley, which would a huge undertaking much beyond the scope of most simple requests on this forum. Furthermore, it would inevitably be too large to submit to OCR, making it a custom work. I don't feel it's unreasonable or inappropriate to ask for compensation for what is essentially a commission in this situation. It would certainly improve his chances over asking people to spend countless hours out of the goodness of their hearts. If you happen to find someone who wants to do exactly that though, well then more power to you.