My first try at vocals

AMT

NEW: http://ftp.cableone.net/rebelart/StabArt.mp3

http://ftp.cableone.net/rebelart/Showbreadish.mp3

Well, this is my first try doing vocals in a song. I tried actually singing, and it came out atrocious, so I'm experimenting around with what I can pull off. Feedback on any aspect of the song is welcome, this is also my first try at actually mic-ing my amp cabinets instead of just using a direct line in. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

EDIT: Alrighty, I'm using a different song to practice vocals on, but it's still the same general idea, so feedback is still appreciated!

Well, the cab micing worked well enough. I suggest playing with your vox more, seeing what can happen. It helps to plug your ear with a finger so you can hear what you actually sound like (or something close to it) to help keep in key.

For a first attempt it isn't terrible, but I'd still like to see more done with your voice.

Sounds like the screams could be used as ambient sounds in darker pieces, but otherwise it's just punk noise. The speaking also feels very pigeonholed into the genre, which isn't a bad thing, but it seems like it sets up natural limitations. I like that I was able to hear the two separate this time, it makes it easier to focus on a single tone. As you practice more you should try harmonizing with yourself once you get the hang of singing (or even sing-speak if that's the way you end up going), it's another good exercise to help with control.

And yar, StabArt sounds very sloppy. I think that adds to the punk feel though.