Computer turning itself off

My computer keeps turning itself off. No warning, no shutdown screen, just turns off, as if it had just been unplugged.

Five of the six times it's done this have been in the middle of exporting wavs from a mix I'm working on (one with a lot of tracks, and I'm exporting them to separate files to send to a collaborator). The sixth time didn't seem to be set off by anything in particular.

Any idea what might be causing this, or how I might fix it?

Buy some canned air, get a pair of tweezers, and open up your tower. Use the canned air to blow dust out of your graphics card (which you'll need to take out before cleaning it), off of your mother board, out of your PSU... all the stuff in there that dust can settle on/in. Use the tweezers to gently take hold of any hair or dust clumps on things like your CPUs heat sink, behind the blades of your cooling fans, and other places you see them. Just keep a few things in mind...

1- Follow the directions on the canned air. If you don't, you could spray cold liquid into your PC. So follow how it says to hold the can and so forth.

2- Once you get the tower open, before you do anything with the tweezers, tap the them on the metal floor inside your tower. This will discharge any minor static build up. You don't want a static charge to accidentally fry something, so do this before you start plucking out any dust/cat hair clumps.

3- Turn off your PC before you do any internal cleaning.