*NO* Ys 'To Make the End of Battle Rework'

djpretzel

Drums are way loud and overbearing. THeres a lot of high release stuff going on causeing the notes to meld into eachother(did I use the word meld tonight already?). It sounds way too messy as is. There seems to be a lot going on in the background but its horribly unclear. Its hard to hear the notes at all sometimes. I cant pass this quality at only 2 minutes, sorry.

NO

The drums are obviously the main thing here, being the loudest element by far and they carry the whole song. DrumGeistRecordings. Yep, it's all about drums.

At the very beginning of the mix, the drum work is kinda confusing, until it settles for the groove we will hear through the main mix. The drums sound great, but at the expense of everything else.

The other sounds need mixing as well! The notes at times all meld and it get messy. The choice of synths, particularly the 'wowy' synth bass didn't compliment the drums IMO.

Great drums, but that's it really.

NO

From The girl on the phone:

It sounds like we're at beerfest or something at Busch Gardens.

I guess it does sound like carnival drum 'n' bass music or something. Anyway, It's pretty spastic, and while neat for the novelty value, it's not really that fun to listen to, quite honestly. I think the drums are neato keen though hard to keep up with, but yeah, the rest seems to be lost in the drums.

NO

D